Firefox 3: Unicode font problem solved!

I have been using Firefox ever since its launch. But the one big problem I had with Firefox was that the unicode fonts used to appear scrambled on it. But with the launch of Firefox 3, this has been solved. Unicode fonts now appear brilliantly. What a relief! I have been using Internet Explorer only for reading Malayalam websites. Now, thankfully, I can use only one browser to surf the net. Thanks Mozilla!
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments:

  1. I too had a simillar problem....but now its fixed by the mozila team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: AMITH

    Thanks a lot for sharing your views here. It has been a big problem until now. I needed to use IE for reading unicode fonts. But thanks to Mozilla, everything is perfect now. The fonts appear brilliantly and beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ardent Firefox fan too.I participated on Download Day.Did you too ? :)

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re: Sameera

    I am also an ardent fan! Happy to hear that people support firefox. I couldnt participate in the world record breaking feat. :-(

    Thanks and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx Sree for this bit of info! I hv been using Avant as long as I can remember, and havent bothered to switch over to Firefox coz of this Unicode prob.

    Great to hear that it has been solved!

    Lemme give it a try, right now!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: MM

    Yes, boss. Give it a try, you will love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You-Know-What? I've downloaded firefox3 but forgot to install it :P
    thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Re: .ılılı °♪ r u°n° ılılılı.

    Haha! That's interesting! :-) Have a good time, and thank you for the visit. Do come back please..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sree, I've no other option but to use firefox, because i use a SuSE linux box. so Firefox 3 having unicode support is great. What font do you use for Malayalam BTW, Is it AnjaliOldLipi/Rachana or something else..? Also firefox 3.0 on linux requires GTK 2.10 which comes only with OpenSuSE 11.0. So still struggling with scrambled fonts..until i get the new DVD. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ..ur blog is so cool..lot of info on techi..good to know some one helpin us ...thnks to stop by my blog...

    urs..hemu..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Re: Srijith Unni

    I use Anjali Old Lipi font for reading Malayalam. Hope you get a resolution to the problem soon. :-) Believe me, it is great to read perfect Malayalam fonts on Firefox. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. Re: Hemanth Potluri

    Thanks a lot for the visit and comment Hemu. Hope to see you back...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sreejith
    Just stopping by with a warm hello!
    Hope all is great with you.
    Your blog is so interesting with much helpful info.

    Take care, my friend!

    Margie:)
    P.S I'm kind of back....just an update and a little poem...hope to be back to posting in Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Re: Margie

    Wow that is absolutely great to see you back! Sept is still a lot of time away... But good that you will be back by then! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Since comment moderation is enabled to avoid spam, the appearance of your comment will be slighly delayed.